2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
½ teaspoon Sea Salt
Stir-In Ingredient Ideas:
2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
1 teaspoon lemon or orange zest
1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
½ teaspoon Basil and 1 teaspoon parmesan cheese
½ teaspoon Smoked Paprika
1. Pour cream into a large bowl. Beat the cream on high speed until it becomes thick like whipped cream.
2. Reduce mixer speed to medium and beat the cream until it separates. You will be able to see this happening. It will look clumpy, and liquid will be in the bottom of the bowl. The butter will stick to the mixer.
3. Set a strainer over a bowl and pour the liquid through it. This is buttermilk and can be used in other recipes!!
4. Place the butter into a clean bowl and pour 1 ½ cups of COLD water over the top. With your hands or spatula knead the butter and press out as much liquid as you can. Repeat one more time making sure that all the liquid is pressed out of the butter.
5. Place the butter on a plate or cutting board and sprinkle the salt on top. Sprinkle any herbs or spices you want to use on top of the butter. Mix in gently.
6. Store the butter in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.