· Two 4 ounces good quality baking chocolate bars, finely chopped (Semi-sweet would be best)
· 2/3 cup heavy cream
· 1 tablespoon butter
· ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
· Chopped nuts
· Toasted coconut
· Cocoa Powder
1. Place chocolate and tablespoon butter in a heat proof bowl and set aside.
2. Heat heavy cream in a saucepan over medium heat until simmering. Do not bring to a boil.
3. Pour heavy cream over the chocolate and butter and let sit for 2 minutes without stirring. Add vanilla and stir until chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
4. Cover the bowl with cling wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
5. Scoop the truffle filling with a tablespoon and roll into balls.
6. Roll each truffle in the prepared toppings.
7. Store the truffles in a covered container at room temperature.