· 2 cups chicken stock
· 1/2 cup potatoes, diced
· 1/2 cup celery diced
· 1/2 cup carrots, peeled and diced
· 1/2 cup yellow onions, diced
· 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken
· 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) butter
· 1/4 cup flour
· 1 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
· ½ teaspoon sea salt
· 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
· 1 egg, lightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Lightly butter a 1.5 qt baking dish.
3. In a large pot, bring chicken stock to a boil. Add in all vegetables and cook until tender-crisp.
4. Remove vegetables from stock and set aside. Pour stock into a large measuring cup and set aside.
5. In the pot melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour and cook for 4 minutes whisking constantly. Flour should be a golden color.
6. Pour in the chicken stock and whisk until it is smooth and thick.
7. Stir in lemon juice and seasonings. Adjust seasonings to taste.
8. Add in chicken and vegetables and pour the mixture into the buttered baking dish.
9. On a floured surface, roll out the puffed pastry large enough to fit over the top of the baking dish. Place the puff pastry on the baking dish and seal the edges. Cut a slit in the middle of the pastry sheet to let steam escape. Brush the pastry sheet with the beaten egg.
10. Bake in the preheated oven 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
11. Allow pot pie to cool for about 10 minutes before serving.