1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
¼ cup honey
2 large eggs at room temperature
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3 TBSP chai spice or 1TBSP cinnamon, 2 tsp ginger, 2 tsp cardamom, 1 ½ tsp allspice and ½ tsp black pepper.
2 cups All-Purpose Flour
1 cup sour cream or plain yogurt (full fat does better for this recipe)
2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Grease a 9 to10 cup Bundt pan and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat together the butter, brown sugar, and honey until smooth and lightened in color, this usually takes about 2 minutes at medium speed.
4. Add the eggs one at a time, beating until incorporated. Scrap down bowl after each egg.
5. Mix in the baking powder, baking soda, salt, and the chai spice blend.
6. Stir half of the flour into the mixture. Add the sour cream (or yogurt) and vanilla, stirring to combine. Now, stir in the remaining flour. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and beat for 30 seconds to incorporate all ingredients together.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50 to 55 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
8. Cool the cake in the pan for 15 minutes before turning it out onto a cake platter.
Leftovers can be kept at room temperature for several days or in the freezer for several months.