Pizza is my favorite food. I never pass up a good pizza or a good pizza recipe. This pizza stuffed chicken recipe is quick, easy and tastes like a pepperoni pizza. This is a perfect dish for a busy weeknight meal.
Pizza Stuffed Chicken
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
24 pepperoni slices
1 cup sun dried tomatoes
2 Tablespoons Pizza Seasoning
2 large eggs, beaten
1 cup Italian style bread crumbs
1 cup marinara sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil a 9×13 baking dish.
2. Mix mozzarella cheese with sundried tomatoes and 2 Tablespoons of Pizza Seasoning.
3. Cut each breast horizontally (but not all the way through the other side) to create a pocket.
4. Stuff each chicken pocket with mozzarella cheese mixture, and 6 pepperonis.
5. Working one at a time, dip chicken into the eggs, then dredge in bread crumbs, pressing to coat.
6. Place chicken onto the prepared baking dish and bake until the chicken is completely cooked through, about 25-30 minutes.
7. Top with marinara sauce before serving.